1. Be cautious where you submit your bank card information. When you find yourself shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
2. Do more research on the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with an excellent reputation.
3. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a whole new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
4. Online shopping is a great way to save money because you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save even more money.
5. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.