1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
4. While shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. While shopping online, be certain the site you are on begins with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.