1. Before you make a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it will cost for the shipping on your own items and when there are free delivery options available to you.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL in the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people with your account information.
5. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.