1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you are going to get doing some online shopping, make sure you comprehend the liability for every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built-in while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on the card in the event the number is stolen.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.