1. If you find a fantastic product on the favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
2. Shop around while shopping online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal you can.
3. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and follow it.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.