1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
2. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Be mindful where you submit your bank card information. When you find yourself shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
5. Talk to your friends regarding their favorite online shops. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to shop. This can save you a lot of time and energy.