1. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. Typically this will provide you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a large swerve.
2. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
3. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's coming to you fairly!
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some type of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
5. A great tip to consider when you're thinking about internet shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.