1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, make certain you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even desire to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.