1. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they could have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, make sure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
4. Find out more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only if the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is advisable to go through another store.
5. If a company features a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter should you really like their goods and would use a discount code.