1. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
2. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.
3. When shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.