1. Before buying from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
2. If you frequently shop online, ensure your antimalware is always high quality and up to date. Major shopping sites are usually targeted by hackers as well as other shady types who attempt to steal your individual identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software provides you with about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
4. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
5. Shopping online is a great way to save money because you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save even more money.