1. If you are intending to be online shopping, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have in the home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
3. Before making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for your shipping on the items and in case there are free delivery options open to you.
4. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Search for "https://" within the URL of the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.
5. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, therefore the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.