1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
4. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, therefore the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
5. To guard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.