1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some type of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
3. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general concept of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. Take time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.
5. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. When you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.