1. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
2. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they can have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
4. A fantastic tip to remember when you're thinking about shopping online is to ensure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.