1. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. Know about the dangers of shopping online along with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for the safest conditions.
3. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.
4. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you go for the first sale you see, there exists a chance you may miss out on a much better deal somewhere else.
5. In case you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer care representative to fix any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can present you with a lot of satisfaction.