1. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent online shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks or so, make up a whole new password for your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. If you want to spend less on the products you buy online and want to make shopping online more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some good deals if you place your bids in the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies just before getting started.
4. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
5. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.