1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
4. If you want to save cash on the products you buy online and want to make online shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals in the event you place your bids at the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies before getting started.
5. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this provides you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a broad swerve.