1. If you are intending to be online shopping, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one which you have in your own home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. Learn more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only when the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is advisable to go through another store.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. Do more research around the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with an excellent reputation.
5. Take the time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.