1. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that allows you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
3. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.