1. Be wary for any emails you obtain, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a web site other than the main one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter in the web site you need to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
3. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, make sure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
4. If you like an online store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
5. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.