1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Always remember your finances and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual realm of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
3. Find out more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through a different store.
4. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent internet shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a brand new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
5. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your money.