1. When you enjoy the ease of frequent internet shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
2. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
4. Do more research on the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores having an excellent reputation.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.