1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
2. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.