1. Do more research around the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores having an excellent reputation.
2. If a company includes a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter should you really like their products and services and would use a coupon code.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, you can save as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to make sure you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.