1. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are choosing a site to shop from. If you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your charge card information, look for another site. Try to find a web site that offers a good page when you're adding your bank card information.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, make sure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even desire to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions should they be the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.