1. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, it can save you as much as 25 %. Look at a number of websites to successfully are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.
2. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
5. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.