1. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you choose the first sale you see, there exists a chance you may miss out on an improved deal somewhere else.
2. While shopping online, make sure the site you happen to be on starts with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. When a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
4. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
5. While shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.