1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a matter. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have when something fails after you've made your purchase.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
4. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent internet shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a brand new password to your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description so that you know exactly what you are purchasing.