1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with an excellent reputation.
4. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
5. When you shop online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy for the greatest price for just about any items. While shopping around, make certain you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.