1. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, and so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will give you an approximate idea of which kind of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a large swerve.
4. Be wary of the emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a website other than the main one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and type in the web site you want to go to. It is much safer that way.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.