1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
2. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
3. Shopping online is a great way to save money as you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save much more money.
4. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about this. The internet can be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with various sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the client service, shipping, and gain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
5. Be wary of the emails you receive, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a web site other than the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and type in the web site you need to go to. It is actually much safer that way.