1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a matter. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in case something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
4. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.