1. To guard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. Find out more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only when the store has a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is advisable to go through a different store.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.