1. Before you make a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it really will cost for your shipping on your items and when there are free delivery options accessible to you.
2. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks or so, make up a whole new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
4. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
5. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. When you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.