1. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. When shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they can have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
4. If a company features a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and coupon codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter should you really like their products and services and would use a discount code.
5. If you are going to get doing some shopping online, make sure you understand the liability for every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on the card in the event the number is stolen.