1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
2. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
4. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply check out at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, move on to a different site to be on the safe side.
5. Prior to making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it really will cost for that shipping on the items and when there are free delivery options available to you.