1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
2. When you shop online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
4. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.
5. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.