1. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
2. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. As an example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and discover if they are offered to be shipped to you.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember whether you've had a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation as a seller.