1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
3. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will provide you with an approximate idea of which kind of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a large swerve.
4. If you are intending to be shopping on the web, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like one that you have in the home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.