1. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your cash with a company that fails to provide.
5. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the net. Many internet retailers give out discounts for various things and you can find them by performing a simple search. Just enter the name of the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This can be a great way to save money when you shop online.