1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. Before making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for your shipping on your items and when there are free shipping options available to you.
5. Shop around when you shop online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at some different stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you can.