1. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
4. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, therefore the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
5. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.