1. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that permits you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. If you find a fantastic product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
4. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. As an example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and discover if they are available to be shipped to you.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.