1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
4. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.