1. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to some price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
2. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some kind of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. A great tip to remember when you're thinking about shopping online is to ensure the site is legit. You don't desire to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.