1. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate credit card to use just for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. When you are searching for a location to buy a specific thing and not one of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not to take your hard earned money.