1. Although it might appear tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
4. If you like an internet store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.