1. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL plus it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
3. Be cautious where you submit your credit card information. When you find yourself shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.