1. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer service representative to fix any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can provide you with a lot of satisfaction.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
4. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is fairly common, and also you must protect your information at all cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
5. While shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.